In 2017 we are aiming to recruit an army of dedicated species monitors to help us continue to look after the sites where some of the UK's rarest species are found. No previous experience is needed, just a keen pair of eyes and commitment to conservation
Species Monitor Tasks include;
- Visit sites once a year, recording presence of species
- Carry out population counts
- Monitor site condition
- Liase with landowners
- Carry out light habitat restoration work (such as removal of Bramble)
- Send records and photos to SRT
- Be part of a our fight to save species from extinction!
If you think you might be interested, have a look at the maps and see if any sites are near you (or in places you'd like to visit). Because we are a small organisation we are looking for people who are good at working independently, but we will give as much support as we can!
For reasons of confidentiality these maps only give approximate locations.
If there is a site you would like to help monitor then please get in touch - you could make a huge difference to the survival of it!
If you think you have what it takes to be a species saviour, then get in touch via the 'contact us' button at the top.